This technique was shared with the group by Sue Spencer at the July 2012 Transit Traders Meeting.
Mega Tool by Impression Obsession (this tool is available here0
cling rubber mount background stamps
light colored cardstock
stamping ink (Sue used chalk ink by Colorbox from Clearsnap in the demo)
1) Place the cardstock on the table. You may want to place scrap paper underneath the paper you are stamping on.
2) Center the cling stamp on the curved surface of the Mega Tool and press in place.
3) Liberally ink the stamp by pressing the ink pad to the surface of the stamp several times all over the surface of the stamp.
4) Holding the tool in the air, center the Mega Tool over the cardstock .
5) Gently touch the left side of the tool to the left edge of the cardstock and rock the tool from left to right over the cardstock. Resist the urge to rock the tool back and forth as this will create a blurry image .
6) Re-ink the tool and repeat as desired, or try combining various stamps with different colors of ink for a unique look.